The First Post!

Well, here we are - the first blog post! 
(Hellraiser, 1987.)

I think the image above accurately sums up my emotions trying to set this thing up. I have a complicated love-hate relationship with technology; it's amazing and rage-inducing.

 I chose to use Blogger to construct this site as it's one of the more user friendly options for average Joe's like me who don't have coding skills.However, my non-existent coding skills were called to the table when some changes wouldn't save; I had to crack open HTML - what joy.

Anyway, I'll stop lamenting over that. So if you've followed me for any amount of time at all, you might have noticed I have a lot of ideas which I don't follow through. Annoying, I know. I find this aspect of my personality frustrating, so for once I'm going to try not to half-ass it. I had the idea for a blog literally yesterday, so I'm thinking that if I get on this quickly, I can sustain it and make it something of value for anyone but me.
So Instagram is pretty limiting, in terms of writing, and I think half the time people aren't there for that- I mean being a movie reviewer on an image sharing website is a bit bizarre and completely misguided if you think about it (no offence to the community I'm a member of. Oops).
My hope for this in all is to write about basically anything, because I really enjoy writing. I'm drawn to this type of thing but always shut myself down because I think 'Who actually gives a shit?' but I think talking to people has shown me that's completely untrue.
So, I hope that over these coming months, I can write content you can enjoy, and supplement my various social media accounts with.
For a while, I thought that this type of publicity online was a bad idea and so tried to keep myself out of the picture, but I think that idea is what was really holding me back from having fun with these types of things. 
This will be more convenient for me than recording a video, because in essence, this is what I'm better at. My upload schedule I think reflects that maybe my dedication to my YouTube channel is a bit hit and miss.

(Have a picture of my bomb-ass skull earrings because why not.)
There's surprisingly a lot of stuff that I'm interested in talking about, but I think it doesn't seem right to shove it in everyone's faces on Instagram, so instead I'll put it here and keep it optional for you.
The audience is a bit mixed, and so I try to cater to that, but here I won't cater to anything specific and just talk about what I want to.
This was what I had originally planned to do with my YouTube channel, however I think with this I can be more honest and more myself.
I think literally anyone ever has been told at some point in their lives that writing a diary, or talking openly about things is the best way to alleviate stress and relax, and I have found that to be true. However, the same could be said for reading, so I'm hoping this will be beneficial for both of us.

That's it I think. All you guys need to know today. Thank you for reading and I'll get my first proper post out soon. -

Today's musical recommendation; I listened to Charlie Puth's 'Voicenotes' as writing this. Only came out a few days ago and it's got some real bops on it. Check it out; great study or working music.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your Friendly Neighborhood Type 1